Remote Desktop Access
While there are many remote desktop software packages out there, if you really want complete and total remote desktop access, then you should give the GoToMyPC Free Trial a run. It’s the next best thing to being there, and even better if you don’t want to be there. GoToMyPC is very easy to setup, it is very fast and secure, and with the release of version 6.0, they have added some very cool new features, so it is almost EXACTLY like sitting at the computer in person.
GoToMyPC will now play all the sounds on your computer just as they sound on the remote computer! Ever leave your latest music purchase, whether it is a CD or a song downloaded from iTunes, in your work or home computer and want to be able to play it where you are at? Now you can, play that CD and listen to it wherever you are on this planet.
GoToMyPC will now allow you to print from the remote computer to your local printer! The Universal Printer driver will discover your local printers automatically, but the best feature is that even if you don’t have the application on your home computer, it doesn’t matter as you print from the remote PC to your printer, so the only thing that needs to be running on your computer is GoToMyPC.com. They have also added a drag and drop file utility to easily copy files from remote PC to local PC and vice versa.
While there are other remote desktop utilities, like LogMeIn and PC Now, some independent testing puts GoToMyPC at least twice as fast as those two at running Microsoft Word or Excel remotely. It doesn’t use that much memory, so it works great on my Sony UMPC, or, ultra mobile PC on wireless connections anywhere, and is secure enough for me to not worry about what I am doing. Here is what the fellas at Download.com had to say about it:
Now you can hear what you’ve been missing with your remote access solution. The new GoToMyPC 6.0 now includes sound. Imagine being able to hear your music, voice mail, system sounds, any sound your PC makes from any computer. GoToMyPC 6.0 makes it. And sound is just the tip of the iceberg. [tag]GoToMyPC[/tag] comes with lots more new and improved features, including no-setup Remote Printing and File Sync, which automatically synchronizes files and folders between computers. Plus GoToMyPC 6.0 is still loaded with the features, including government-standard encryption, drag-and-drop file transfer, and 24-bit color.
I couldn’t live without some kind of [tag]remote desktop connection[/tag], if you need one as well, give the Free 30 Day Trial from GoToMyPC.com a run and see how you like it before you decide on one application. Try the free remote control software solutions like LogMeIn, VNC, etc, and take this free trial to compare the features and ease of use. You won’t be sorry.
- Encryption and authentication security provided by a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Web site with end-to-end 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption and multiple passwords
- Data compression to decrease lag time between client and host PC
- 24-bit color when accessing a host PC supporting this display mode
- Drag-and-drop file transfer for moving files between computers
- Remote printing, supporting any printer configured on a host computer
- Performance tuning, allowing users to adjust speed and screen appearance
- Multi- monitor support for a client PC
- PocketView wireless access to host PCs from a Windows Mobile, Pocket PC or Windows CE device
- Guest Invite, allowing a user to invite a second person to view or share control of a PC
Here are some videos from the people at GoToMyPC.com.