Improve the Performance and Reliability of Windows Vista
Microsoft has released an update that fixes many problems with Windows Vista, such as memory management issues, memory leaks, long delays, long delay after resuming, and many other issues that users have let Microsoft know about either using the error reporting service or Microsoft customer support services. It says by installing this update you can get better performance and responsiveness from your machine.
This update resolves the following issues on a Windows Vista-based computer:
- You experience a long delay when you try to exit the Photos screen saver.
- A memory leak occurs when you use the Windows Energy screen saver.
- If User Account Control is disabled on the computer, you cannot install a network printer successfully. This problem occurs if the network printer is hosted by a Windows XP-based or a Windows Server 2003-based computer.
- When you write data to an AVI file by using the AVIStreamWrite function, the file header of the AVI file is corrupted.
- When you copy or move a large file, the “estimated time remaining” takes a long time to be calculated and displayed.
- After you resume the computer from hibernation, it takes a long time to display the logon screen.
- When you synchronize an offline file to a server, the offline file is corrupted.
- If you edit an image file that uses the RAW image format, data loss occurs in the image file. This problem occurs if the RAW image is from any of the following digital SLR camera models: Canon EOS 1D and the Canon EOS 1DS. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
932988 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932988/) Files from a Canon EOD 1D or 1DS camera may be corrupted after you use Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, or Windows Explorer to edit the file metadata in Windows Vista or in Windows XP Service Pack 2
- After you resume the computer from hibernation, the computer loses its default gateway address.
- Poor memory management performance occurs.
Download the update for Windows Vista 32-bit versions here.
Download the update for Windows Vista 64 bit versions here.
I will post an update after I install it on my laptop and let you know if it helped me any.