Windows Live OneCare 2.0 Public Beta
Interested in testing out the new beta version of Windows Live OneCare? Then get yourself over to the Windows Live OneCare 2.0 Beta website, signup and download it now. They mention you won’t be able to activate it if you already are running a version using your current login information, but they give you the info on what you need to do on the blog post listed below. Windows Live OneCare is one of those set it and forget it protection programs that gives you persistent protection against viruses, hackers, and other threats. It also performs regular tune-ups to help keep your PC running at top speed, and helps you back up important documents. Not interested in beta testing? They also have a 90 day free trial of the current release of the product.
You’ll need to fill in your email address and country to get the download, which has the following new features:
- Multi PC management – designate a hub PC and then add additional PCs to your
- OneCare circle using a common Windows Live ID. You can then see the status of the other PCs within the group.
- Printer Sharing – share your printer with all the PCs in your OneCare circle
- OneCare Online Photo Backup – paid storage is available online for photo backups
- Securing wireless networks – if your router is supported OneCare 2.0 will allow you to secure your wireless network
- Startup tuneup
- x64 support