Speed Up IE7
If you used the phishing filter that was included with IE7, you probably noticed it slowed the browsing experience down a lot, and may have even disabled it, like I did. Microsoft says they have fixed it and have released a patch, that your computer may have already installed depending on your Windows Update settings. The problem was frames, or, just too damn many of them. If you browsed a webpage with lots of frames, or, browsed many frames in a short period of time, it caused the phishing filter to slow down.
To fix this problem, install the latest cumulative security update for IE7 from this webpage, The computer may respond very slowly as the Phishing Filter evaluates Web page contents in Internet Explorer 7, all versions are listed at the bottom of the page.
Alternatively, you can disable the phishing filter, here are the steps involved:
1. Start Internet Explorer 7.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Disable Phishing Filter in the Settings list.
4. Click Apply, and then click OK.
5. Restart Internet Explorer 7.