Windows Defender Final Finally Released
Looks like Microsoft has quietly released the final version of Windows Defender. This version will not run on Windows 2000 or Windows Vista, Vista will have an integrated version.
Yes, as a complete suprise it seems that Microsoft has released the final version of their long-time-in-the-making Anti-Spyware program, Windows Defender.
The build is marked as 1.1.1592.0 and it seems it can be installed over top previous versions (Beta 2, It can not be installed over top Beta 1 previously known as Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta). Source: JCXP
Download 32 bit version here.
Download 64 bit version here.
Some of the improvements in Windows Defender:
- Enhanced performance through a new scanning engine.
- Streamlined, simplified user interface and alerts.
- Improved control over programs on your computer using enhanced Software Explorer.
- Multiple language support with globalization and localization features.
- Protection technologies for all users, whether or not they have administrator rights on the computer.
- Support for assistive technology for individuals who have physical or cognitive difficulties, impairments, and disabilities.
- Support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
- Automatic cleaning according to your settings during regularly scheduled scans.