Roll Back to the Previous Version of a Driver
Have you ever installed a device driver that makes your system unstable? I know I have. Well, in Windows XP you can roll back such a change if it causes you problems! To go back to the previous driver for a device:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click Administrative Tools.
- Double?click Computer Management, and then click Device Manager in the left pane.
- Right?click the device for which you’d like to roll back the drivers, and then click Properties.
- On Driver tab of the Properties dialog box, click Roll Back Driver, and follow the wizard’s instructions.
It’s that simple, although you need to be an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure.