IntelliMouse: The Mouse Pointer Moves Erratically or Does Not Respond with Windows XP (Q321122)
When you are using a Microsoft Mouse or Microsoft IntelliMouse, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- The pointer may move erratically.
- The pointer may not respond when you move the pointing device.
- Button clicks may have no effect.
- The pointing device may stop working after a few minutes of use.
- Some options or tabs may be unavailable in the Mouse tool in Control Panel.
If you connect a Microsoft Plug and Play Serial Mouse, Microsoft EasyBall, or Microsoft IntelliMouse to your computer, the new device may not be detected by Microsoft Windows. Running the Add New Hardware Wizard does not resolve the issue.
Click here for the article.